Monday, September 10, 2012

Craft-A-Thon

Can I just say how amazing these past few weeks have been? I have finished all of my dissertation edits and have also had the time to have fun with some hobbies!

I've had several craft days and have made lots of cute stuff! I really never got the chance to do these sorts of things in graduate school, so this is really exciting to me. Huge hugs and thanks to my new cousin, Mindy, for being my partner-in-crime/coach as I try all of these new things!


My favorite things so far are my fabric flowers.  These flowers were made using fabric from tablecloths at Brian and I's engagement party last year, so it has some sentimental value to it. I certainly can't take credit for the idea.  The tutorial I used is here:

http://www.paigesofstyle.com/2011/02/diy-fabric-flower-cupcake-topper.html

They are not difficult to do, but they do take some patience. You essentially need 16 fabric circles to do one of these flowers, so there's some tedious cutting involved.  GOOD NEWS though - They don't have to be perfect! These hide imperfections well, so that's always a plus!  The stems I used are sticks of floral wire covered in a brown paper - I bought these at Michael's.

Anyway, I just think these are so cute and they add a pop of color and whimsy wherever you put them!!

Next up - I've been making stationary lately, mostly with the intention of giving clusters of the cute cards/envelopes as gifts.  So, if you have an occasion coming up - You may get some of these. :)

Here's one of my latest - Sparkly LSU stationary!


****************************************************

Just wanted to share some of the fun little things I've been doing lately and encourage you to try them. I'm a total novice at all of this, so if I can do it, you can too!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Love,

Meg

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I want to move home to engage in these craft days. Wish I could be there with you and Mindy- if not for the company, Lord knows I need her pointers too!

    ReplyDelete